The AcuRite name is always rolling off the tongue for favorite personalized weather stations. The brand is one of our personal favorites so we’re always excited to review their weather products.
Today we’re going to check out AcuRite’s 01535M 1-in-5 Weather Center, one of the more professional and advanced weather stations.
We’ll go over all the features that come with this weather station and check out what customers have had to say about it.
Who Is This Product For?
The AcuRite 01535M 1-in-5 Professional Weather Center is perfect for a weather fanatic. If you love all the details that go into tracking the weather and collecting weather data, you’ll want this professional weather center.
This weather station has all the details and we mean ALL the details that you could possibly want. It has all these fantastic features and at a decent price range.
When you purchase this weather station, you receive a tablet display, a sensor, a power adaptor, and an easy to use instruction manual.
Plus, this weather station actually comes with mounting hardware and mounting brackets. This is always a plus because you don’t have to spend additional money if you want to mount the display or sensor.
The sensor takes 4 AAA batteries which aren’t included. The display runs on AC power and doesn’t have a backup battery pack.
For more pricing information, click on this link.
High Definition Display Tablet
Like most weather stations, this AcuRite 1-in-5 weather station uses a tablet type device to display its information.
This amazing high definition display is intuitive. You can toggle through different screens to analyze different aspects of the weather and temperature.
The display measures at 5.5 inches by 7.6 inches by 0.6 inches.
You get to customize what you want to see on the home screen of this display versus what you see on the other screens you can toggle through.
Not only does it display the temperature but it shows rainfall, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and even the phases of the moon.
This display lets you view high and low records or even an hourly trend graph for the temperature.
There’s a home comfort icon that lets you know what your indoor temperature is so you can maintain a nice even room temperature.
You can set an alert to notify you of weather changes or temperature changes. You can even set an alert to notify you when a storm is coming because it monitors the barometric pressure.
It also acts as a normal alarm clock so you can wake up in the morning and can see the temperature or weather with just a glance.
Accurate 5-in-1 Sensor
The sensor AcuRite’s Professional Weather Center uses is known to be super accurate, even when it’s sitting in direct sunlight.
This sensor is a 5-in-1 sensor that monitors temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind direction, and wind speed.
It measures at 10.8 inches by 5.6 inches by 13.8 inches.
It has wind cups to measure both wind speed and wind direction. They’re built to withstand up to 99 mph of wind.
It also has a rain gauge cup that both collects and measures rainfall accurately. Even better, this cup empties on its’ own when it’s full.
This sensor has a solar panel. The sunlight energy collected by the solar panel runs an aspirating fan that makes sure it doesn’t get hot and give an inaccurate temperature reading.
We’ve covered the big features of AcuRite’s Professional Weather Center but those aren’t the only features it has to offer.
Here are a few more features:
- It has a sleep mode for when the sun goes down. It dims the screen to save power.
- It can store daily data every day for up to a year so you can track trends.
- There are trend arrows to let you know if the temperature is rising or dropping or staying the same.
- You can purchase add-ons for your sensor so you can monitor even more aspects of the weather.
What Do Others Have to Say About the AcuRite 01535M 1-in-5 Weather Center?
So, what are customers saying about AcuRite’s 01535M 1-in-5 Weather Center? We’ll go over the negative thoughts on this weather station and the good reviews.
Overall this weather station is decent for its price but not everyone has had a positive experience.
- The setup is super easy and it’s wireless.
- The display tablet has bold colors and strong graphics. It’s easy to read from different angles or from a distance away.
- Tons of people, even those who gave overall negative reviews, have made mention of how accurate the sensor really is.
- People love that you can connect the sensor and display for up to 200 feet. It made finding a spot for the sensor outside much easier.
- The Almanac feature is easy to navigate.
- There’s no backup power if the power is interrupted. It would help to have a battery pack attached.
- If power is interrupted to the display, you have to reprogram it.
- You aren’t able to transfer your weather data to their AcuRite Access online to store it.
- A few customers have had trouble with the rain gauge working.
- The sensor is made of plastic and won’t hold up in extreme weather.
- It’s hard to get ahold of customer service is there’s an issue.
- Some people have had issues with getting the back-light auto-dimming to work so it stays bright all day and all night.
For more pricing information, click on this link.
The Bottom Line
AcuRite’s Professional Weather Station is for all-weather enthusiasts or professionals who need to track the weather. It has unique features and stands out from other weather station models.